`*•.¸(`*•.¸(`*•.¸★¸.•*´)¸.•*´)¸.•*´ ★★ AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT ★★ ¸.•*´(¸.•*´(¸.•*´★`*•.¸)`*•.¸)`*•.¸
This week we’ll spotlight the lovely Renee Harless. Be sure to join us next week on April 10th @ 8pm est for Renee’s Author Takeover of TJ LOVES BOOKS BLOG!!
Bio – Renee Harless is a contemporary and erotic romance author. She lives in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia with her husband and children. Renee is a fan of the Washington Capitals and Virginia Tech Hokies.
To say that Renee is a romance addict would be an understatement. When she isn’t chasing her kids around the house, or writing, she jumps head first into a romance novel.
Check out her full catalog of books by taking a look at her Amazon Author page http://amzn.to/2ozrNvp
Preorder Coming Together here: http://amzn.to/2ozmLPC
1. What made you take the plunge into writing? It’s probably the typical story. I read Twilight and said, “Hey, I can do that. I have something to say.”
2. What’s your writing style? Are you a plotter or pantser? I am a combination of both. I have a small outline of what I’d like to happen at the beginning and the end. And I typically just fill in the middle as I go.
3. Have you always been an author at heart? No, I participated in theater a lot while growing up, as I got older my creativity took a new focus.
4. What was your inspiration for Coming Alive? My inspiration was my emotions. I started writing it after having my daughter and I was filled with all of these conflicting emotions and I found the most therapeutic thing to do was to write a story that expressed those emotions.
5. What scene was your favorite to write? Were any scenes difficult to write? My favorite scenes are always first kiss scenes. I love how each character responds differently. My most difficult scene to date has been Avery’s flashback scene in Coming Alive. It’s such an emotional portion of the story that I have a hard time reading through it.
6. What can we expect from Book 2? Can you share any tidbits? Each of the books in the Welcome to Carson series can be read as standalones. Coming Together definitely has a lot more suspense compared to Coming Alive. You’ll also be introduced to some new characters.
7. Is there a general takeaway you want readers to experience after they read your novels? I want readers to feel connected to the characters. I try to draw on emotions that everyone has experienced and I find that it helps the reader connect more with the book.
8. Are any of your characters based on real-life people or experiences? If so, who? Not yet…yet.
9. Do you have any advice for other writers? Always do something creative. Even if you can’t write, you can color, play with graphic design, read…something. Otherwise you’ll find yourself stuck.
10. What can we expect from you next? Any new works in progress? Upcoming releases? Coming Together releases April 18 and Coming Consumed in July. I also began outlining a romantic comedy.
11. Please tell our readers where they can find you online.
Don’t forget to preorder your copy of Coming Together. It releases April 18th and is included in Kindle Unlimited!