Thank you to my awesome blogger friend Ezi at Oh My Shelves for the nomination! Make sure to check out her blog because she gives great wine recommendations along with her awesome book spotlights! Go visit and follow her blog @ http://ohmyshelves.com/.
❀ Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
❀ Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
❀ Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write then 11 new questions.
❀ List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Ezi’s (Oh My Shelves) questions for me:
1. What was your favorite food when you were a child?
My favorite food hasn’t changed from childhood. It’s southern fried pork chops. I love them and so do my hips. LOL
2. What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod/phone or listening device?
The most played song on my Spotify account is Share My World by Mary J. Blige. It calms me and I listen to it at least once whenever I’m in the car. Multiple times if I’m traveling.
3. What book have you read the most and how many times have you read it?
My most read book is either Rock Chick or Golden Dynasty by Kristen Ashley. Golden Dynasty is my current go to book if I fall into a book funk. When I first read this book, I was shocked speechless. I read it again, just to make sure I wasn’t crazy and soon after it became a mini obsession. I own the audible version and listen to it often. Prior to Golden Dynasty, it was Rock Chick. I’ve listened to them both at least 15 times and that’s a very low estimate.
4. What’s your childhood cartoon/show?
You’re making me date myself here. My favorite cartoon was probably Gargoyles. I loved it! For all the youngsters out there here’s a picture.
5. What’s your current guilty pleasure when it comes to reality tv?
I don’t watch much reality TV or TV in general. I do catch episodes of Gas Monkey Garage and Street Outlaws whenever I read sitting next to my husband. Those are his favorites. Do they count as reality TV?
6. What is your favorite read of this current year 2017?
That’s a tough one. I’ve read some really good books already. I’m totally enamored with Pepper Winters right now. I loved her writing in Crown of Lies. But I adored Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley. I’d been waiting on that story for years and she did not disappoint.
7. How do you chose a book, by mood or monthly reading schedules?
I normally chose based on my mood. I try not to schedule too many ARCs so I don’t feel weighed down by a schedule. I also read a lot of books my WordPress and Goodreads friends review. I’ve actually taken a bit of a detour from my normal reads because of all the great recommendations you guys give me. I’m normally a shifter slut. LOL I love PNR!
8. What is your favorite supernatural creature?
That’s a loaded question. Did you see my previous response? I love Vampires, All shifters, and Dragons. I’m an equal opportunity type of girl. LOL
9. Who is your favorite author?
Based on the number of her books I own, hands down Kristen Ashley. She’s an automatic 1-click for me. But there are so many others I also 1-click. Christina Lauren, T. S. Joyce, Suzanne Wright, Lauren Blakely, A. Zavarelli, Kylie Scott and so many more.
10. Favorite series?
Believe it or not, my favorite series is not from the romance genre. This past year, I finally read the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer and she blew me away. The series is brilliantly imaginative and so well-written. Rebecca Soler did a fantastic with the audible narration. It’s perfection! I’m a huge Disney/Princess fanatic and to see those stories reimagined was a definite treat.
My other all-time favorite is Harry Potter. J. K. Rowling’s story is as intriguing as the one she wrote. HP will always have a spot in my Top 10 Favorite list. My family and I were part of the crazy crowd that had to visit Universal Orlando as soon as they opened the HP attractions.
Here are My Questions:
1. What made you take the plunge into blogging?
2. Who is your all-time favorite author?
3. Hard copy, eBook, or Audible? Which is your favorite?
4. I love libraries. Do you buy all the books you read or take advantage of your local library?
5. What’s your favorite Romance trope: Friends to lovers, Older woman/younger man, Best Friends Brother, etc.?
6. What is your favorite book based movie?
7. What’s your favorite way to relax, other than reading?
8. Do you have real-life reader friends you can chat books with or a local book club?
9. Do you keep a blog posting schedule?
10. Have you ever judged a book by its cover, but it turned out to be completely unexpected? If so, what book?
11. Does your family read your blog?
Beware of the Reader, Susan Loves Books, Reading Frenzy Blog, The Staircase Reader, Book Addict Haven, Books Coffee and Passion, Happily Ever After Book Reviews, Pretty Mess Reading, Liz @ Crazies R Us, Stacey is Sassy, Alba and Her Secrets
**Don’t forget to link back to me. Thanks again to Ezi at Oh My Shelves for nominating me.